Saturday, February 16, 2013

"The Night the Bed Fell"

Hello, Ink Quill Friends!

I have thoroughly been enjoying the Creative Writing class by Mrs. James here at BCC.  All of you Ink Quill and creative writing people who have not taken this class…WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?  I loved learning about and writing short stories this past month.  Now we are in poetry, and I am really looking forward to writing a Sestina and Villanelle!  I read these types of poems in Intro to Literature class last semester, and I thought they were so unique!

However, my blog post today is about one of my favorite short stories.  I read this story during middle school or high school, and I absolutely fell in love with it.  It is the funniest short story I have ever read, and I would love to be able to write one like it one day!  Alas, I am horrible with writing funny stories, but I can dream about and work at it anyway.  The name of this hilarious story is “The Night the Bed Fell” by James Thurber.   Some of you have probably read it before; however, it never hurts to read it again.  Besides, this story never loses its wit and charm!  On the other hand, if you have never read this story, you have missed out on some good belly laughs.  So, take a break a moment for a moment from your studies (you are reading this blog post anyway) and read “The Night the Bed Fell.”

 http://litizen.wordpress.com/2011/09/27/the-night-the-bed-fell-by-james-thurber/

Hopefully, you have finished laughing by now.  Now you can get back to work – and writing!

Morgan Pait
Assistant Editor

No comments:

Post a Comment